What is applied kinesiology ?
Applied Kinesiology (AP) is a study of muscles and the science of testing and balancing them in order to restore balance in the body. It was developed by Dr. George Goodhart, a chiropractor, and his colleagues in the United States in the 1960s. AP is a form of alternative medicine and has two main phases – diagnosis and treatment. Diagnosis is made through muscle testing, and treatment is prescribed according to the patient and may include acupuncture, chiropractic, manual therapies, nutritional supplements and regimens and more. In short, the AP practitioner detects an imbalance in a muscle and then sets out to find out why that muscle is not functioning properly.
Triad of health
AP views health as a triangle. Each of its sides represents the structural, biochemical and psychological part of the human body, respectively. If the three sides are equal, then a person is in harmony and in excellent health. If one of the sides shortens (a health problem occurs), it directly affects the other two and optimal health is reduced.
Suitable cases for treatment
- joint problems ;
- assessment and correction of muscle tone;
- impaired interaction between muscles, bones, nerves, joints and tendons, spine;
- impaired interaction between diet and biochemistry of the patient;
- impaired interaction between psychological and physiological elements.
What are the goals of applied kinesiology?
- to restore normal nerve function;
- to achieve normal endocrine, immune, digestive and other functions of internal organs;
- to intervene early in the degenerative processes to prevent or delay the onset of pathological changes;
- to restore posture balance, gait disturbances and improve range of motion.
The first visit to the practitioner’s AP can last up to an hour, but the next ones are 20-30 minutes. He will ask you in detail about your past health problems. The kinesiological part of the examination includes examination of various muscle groups, examination for nutrient deficiency and food sensitivity, as well as posture analysis.
For more information and to make an appointment for a consultation, contact the reception of Invitro Clinic ”SOFIA”