The Sofia Hospital of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine offers an egg cell donor programme. Selection criteria applied to donor candidates include all aspects of the Law and internal Hospital rules.
Donors ought to:
- be aged 18 to 34;
- be physically and mentally sound;
- have no history of inherited genetic conditions;
- show negative in HIV, Hepatitis В and С and Syphilis tests;
- show negative in Thalassaemia and Cystic Fibrosis tests;
- have at least one live born child;
- have fewer than five live born children each.