What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a ancient method of treatment that has been used in countries in the Far East for several millennia. In the West, the method became known only in the 18th century, and only for about 30 years has it been considered an effective complementary therapy. The word “acypunctura” comes from the Latin language – “acuѕ” – a needle and “punctura” /from pungere/ – I pierce, which literally means a needle. Acupuncture is a set of procedures that involve piercing the skin with very fine needles to stimulate specific points on the body. Clinical trials suggest that it may be beneficial to patients and help with a number of illnesses. At the moment, this is one of the most popular alternative / complementary therapies and is increasingly used in Western clinics, which are integrating the so called alternative medicine.
Acupuncture in Invitro Clinic ”SOFIA”
Invitro Clinic ”SOFIA” offers to its patients the use of acupuncture as a complementary therapy in the treatment of infertility and as a Treatment for instant therapy of chronic headache, functional diseases of the nervous system and diseases of the peripheral nervous system. Seances are performed by a qualified and experienced doctor in a comfortable and calm environment. The appointment of acupunctural seances as an additional treatment of sterility with assisted reproductional methods is performed after consultation with the treating specialist. For more information and appointments, contact the hospital’s registry.
Acupuncture and infertility
In women, some clinical studies shoe that acupuncture can be effective in fertility disorders. The following measures can be taken in the following cases:
- PRegulation of the gender chormones during the treatment of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian tissue due to stress;
- Improvement of the blood supply to the reproductive organs, leading to the improvement of the thickness of the endometrial mucosa;
- Improvement of the functions of the corpus luteum;
- Improvement of expression of the follicle-stimulating chormone receptors;
- Decrease of stress and increase of the embryo implantation.
For men – from the clinical studies conducted so far on the effect on male infertility, all results show that there is beneficial effect on the complementary treatment for increasing the spermogram results.
Acupuncture and assisted reproduction
The general results of the clinical trials conducted so far show,that acupuncture is a good addition to the treatment of infertility and increases the chance of achieving pregnancy and giving birth to a healthy child, as the side effects of the treatment are limited. More and more clinics for reproductive medicine in the world are constantly offering their patients acupuncture as a complementary therapy during fertilization. It is especially important to use acupuncture for couples with recurrent productive problems and unexplained sterility. Application: Acupuncture isnt a one time procedure. When it is used as a complementary therapy in procedures based on assisted reproduction, the seances are usually performed before embryo transfer / insemination. Usually 4-5 seances are enough during the treatment cycle, depends on the case. One seance lasts around 30 minutes.
- The puncture of the skin is painless and leaves no scars;
- The needles are factory-sterile, with anti-allergic cover, for one-time use.;
- The procedure has no unpleasant sensations;
- Performed by a qualified and experienced physician, there are no practical or side effects.;
- The procedure should not be used in patients who have problems with blood pressure or are taking medication to treat it.